Supplements are printed web offset, on gloss paper, saddle stitched and trimmed to 10.75” x 13.75”.
Download Show Supplement Specifications PDF
Images/Rules and Frames
- Images must be CMYK, single colors will be converted to CMYK process equivalent. Black and white images are in grayscale mode.
- Use a minimum input resolution of 300 dpi for images scanned at their final image size. For line art, or scanned text, use a minimum of 800 dpi.
- Rules and frames for graphics and images should not be less than .5 point.
- Total Ink – maximum of 300%.
- BLACK TYPE – We recommend using type sized at 6 point or larger.
- COLOR TYPE – Type using two or more overprinting inks should be no less than 10 point sans serif.
- REVERSE TYPE – Type reversed out of a single ink area should be no less than 8 point (sans serif bold). Type reversed out of two or more overprinting colors should be no less than 10 point(sans serif bold). SWOP (Specifications for Web Offset Publications)
Standards can be found at the Specifications for Web Offset Publications at: www.swop.org.
- SpaceNews requires that a proof be supplied.
We prefer that your files be either EPS or PDF formats. Be sure to use “print optimized” settings when creating your PDF. This will ensure that all of your fonts are included and your images are high resolution. If you cannot provide an EPS or PDF, we will accept creative composed in the following applications (with all fonts and images included): Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Delivery of Supplement Materials
Materials should be submitted via the
SpaceNews FTP site : ftp://ftpupload.spacenews.com/
Please send an email to [email protected] and [email protected] once creative has been uploaded.
Send supplement materials to:
Attn: Lance Marburger, Art Director
1414 Prince Street, Suite 300
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (571) 356-9601
Trade Show Supplement Products and Specifications
MID-WEEK SHOW SUPPLEMENTS
Select “guest” and then drag and drop your file into the folder
SpaceNews Trade Show Supplement Bags are printed on 1.75 millimeter standard white polybag material. Images are printed two color and/or one color on both sides. Supplements are inserted into plastic bags and delivered door-to-door to hotel attendees.
Supplement Bag Print Requirements
- Supply camera-ready artwork separated with registration marks when more than one color imprint is required.
- Maximum 60 line screen on all spot colored bags.
- Original vector art created in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- All fonts converted to paths, curves or outlines.
We do not recommend overprinting spot colors due to contamination of ink colors. If your design requires you to overprint, we recommend you use a dark color on overprint and light on the under print text. This will help minimize a change in color where the images overprint.
Internet/Email Delivery of all Supplement Bag Materials
Furnish an EPS file with a PDF for visual. Files should be emailed to Candy Fuentes at
[email protected]. Please send an email confirmation to your sales representative once materials are sent.
Trade Show Supplement Bellybands are printed on 70# gloss paper, trimmed to 10.75” x 6”, jogged to the foot, and saddle stitched to the outside of the supplement. Includes back cover ad.
Please refer to Trade Show Supplement Specifications for Images, Ink, Type, Proofs and File Formats.
Internet/Email Delivery of Bellyband Materials
A high-resolution, print ready PDF should be emailed to Candy Fuentes at [email protected]. Please send an email confirmation to your sales representative once materials are sent.